<

Friday, July 14, 2006

This Week

So as stated in my last post we had a Car Show fundraiser at my church this past Saturday. It went very well, and we could not have asked for a more beautiful day to have it either. There were about 25 cars that showed up, which is pretty good, although we were hoping for more. Still we had a good time, and many people came to look at the cars. People voted for their favorite car by putting money in the buckets in front of that car. Then the people with the most money won trophies, and all the money went to Habitat for Humanity. Between the cars and the food stand we raised about $800.00. I think we plan on making it an anual event, and hope to get more and more cars every year.

After the car show we had a suprise birthday party for my mom. It was her 60th birthday, and it was great! Everyone was able to show up, and my mom's good friends from Illinois even came out for it. My mom was totally surprised, and had no clue what was coming. Her face was so red when she walked in the door. It was great!! While, my mom hates things like that, I think she still really enjoyed it.

The rest of this week has not been exciting, as I was out sick from work, and just laying at home feeling poopie. Today I am back at work though, and getting caught up on voice mails and e-mails. It stinks for pay check though being off work, but I do work over the weekend, so that will help make up for it a little anyways.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home