<

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Not much excitement

So I had this weekend off for a change. Imangine that. It turned out not to be all that exciting either, so that was kind of a bummer. I did get to sleep in on Saturday which was very nice. I took my time getting ready, fed Trogdor (can't just leave a dish in there like with the rats), went to the bank, got some lunch, came back, and pretty much did nothing. Susan and Emily came over wanting to go swimming, but I had just taken a shower and washed my hair, so I really did not want to get it all full of chlorine. Emily was of course dissapointed, and really tried to lay on the guilt trip think, as any 6 year old would of course, but I turned it back around, and promised to take her out for ice-cream when they got done. That immediately got a big smile and hug. I'm so good. ;o) So of course Emily and I went and got ice-cream. Well we didn't just go to cheezey ole' Dairy Queen, nope, I went all out and took her to Cold Stone Creamery. They have really good ice-cream to begin with, but what they do is you get to pick out your flavor, and then pick out what you want them to mix in it, like butterfingers, peanutbutter cups, snickers, heath bars, chocolate chips, graham crackers, etc. Well Emily got purple cotten candy flavored ice cream with sprinkles mixed in. Me, I had the Peanut Butter cup lovers special. It is chocolate ice cream with peanute butter, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter cups all mixed in, and they do it there right on the counter in front of you with like these metal spatulas. It's pretty cool. So that was pretty much my Saturday.
Today after church we did have a potluck out at my parents. It was kind of a get-to-know-you type potluck for our new pastor and his wife. A few people from the church come and then our pastor and his wife. Some of the families from the congregation have been hosting them each Sunday after church. It was nice, just too bad it has been rainy all day long. Later this evening my parents, brother, and I went and saw "Firewall" with Harrison Ford in it. That was actually really good. Better then I thought it would be. I give it 2 thumbs up. Not it's off to clean the rat cages. So that's my exciting weekend. I hope everyone else had an enjoyable one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, what is your blog, so I can put a link to it on mine, and so I can start leaving you lovely comments. :o)

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home