<

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Trogdor

So this Sunday my friends Susan, Steve, their daughter Emily, and I went down to a convention in Indianapolis. It featured small animals, mostly reptiles, but there were all sorts of things there. Even weird exotic things like apossoms and hedge hogs. We were really fascinated by the reptiles, which is why we mainly wanted to go. Steve and I have had this facination lately with Bearded Dragons. They are very cool lizards native to Australia. I had previously always thought an Iguana would be cool to have some day, but after finding out about these Bearded Dragons, these are way cooler. First of all, they are much easier to maintain, way more friendlier, and have more personality. They never bite, and just love to be held. They will just chill with you. Like if you get them out to hold you can just hold them on your arm or in your lap, and they will just chill there. Well at this show/convention thing I got a great deal on a setup for one, and I got a baby one. I couldn't resist. Well I probably should have and could have, but he/she was just too cool (I say he/she cause they are too hard to sex as babies). I've named it Trogdor and those of you who are familiar with HomeStarRunner.com will know why. It was named Max for about a day, but I changed it to Trogdor. I have taken a few pictures and started a Trogdor album that you can check out. Keep in mind it is just a baby. If anyone wants to know what they look like when they get big just type in Bearded Dragon in a google search and you will find out. I'm sure my mom will be thrilled to find out I have another pet. Although I don't think she will mind this as much since it is not smelly and it's in a tank instead of a messy cage like my rats.

In other news I have found out I will NOT have to have surgery on my knee, so I'm very glad for that. I have been having problems with it still after my car accident in December, and just saw an orthopedic doctor, and after doing an MRI and then another XRay, he has determined it does not need surgery. It does still have some stuff going on in there, but he feels it can be treated with more continued physical therapy and medicine. I'm thankful for that.

Well I hope you all have a good continued week! :o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Da Burninator!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Oh good grief...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Told you Trogdor was a way more awesome name! LOL

9:03 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

very unique ;) hehe

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home