<

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Francine Rivers


So I finished my second book in the Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers last night. The first is called Voice in the Wind, then Echo in the Darkness, and finally As Sure as the Dawn. The trilogy is the last of all her novels that I have to read. Her books are awesome. I encourage everyone to check them out. She writes so well. She develops the characters well, details things very well, but to the point, so that you are not lingering on and on on one subject for too long. And she tells it like it is, meaning she's not afraid to bring up a subject or detail something that may be offensive to someone even though its a Christian fiction book, but she does it in a way in my opinion that is . . . hmmm . . . I don't know. The books are just soooooo very well written. The messages in all of them are very very good. This last book I just read, Echo in the Darkness, the 2nd book of the Mark of the Lion trilogy, is the first book where I have to admit I cried while reading it. I mean I've been moved while reading books before, but this one actually brought me to tears, and not just tears . . . at times even goose bumps. So check out her books. I also found out she has a website, so I put a link for that up on the left. I think you will find her to be a very neat lady. :o) I can't wait to go pick up the 3rd and final book at Barnes & Noble on Thursday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

I'm SO SO Glad that you are reading these books - ABSOLUTELY amazing - I totally sobbed after the first one but was so relieved after reading the second!
I'm glad you like them so much too!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah, I'm a little over half way through the 3rd and final one. They are totally fantabulous! Everyone should read them. :o)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda, this is my first visit to your site... it's cool! I guess I thought I'd leave a comment about Francine Rivers, as she is my absolute favorite fiction author!! I used to read her all the time in high school and college... but for the last several years, I'm on the nonfiction kick. lol Anyway, I thought it's really neat that you love her work so much! I can relate! Have you read anything else from her?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yes, I have read all her other regular christian fiction novels. She is an amazing writer. I'm not sure what my favorites would be because all her works are excellent. She has a, what she calls, novella series, of little books based on women of the Bible, and I have not read those.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home