<

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Meetings

Today I got to spend all day in meetings at work, and thats what I get to do all day tomorrow. It's kind of frustrating because it takes me away from the phones, and from making any sales, but at the same time it's kind of nice because I get to get away from all the customers that are calling in to sales to complain because they can not get through to customer service since customer service is soooooo backed up right now. The good thing is they are paying us a higher flat hourly rate during these all day meetings since we can not make any sales, so we are not getting our little base rate since we can not make any commission. Personally I think it's all a waste of time because they are trying to develop ways or theories to increase sales on the phone. The only thing is we are a privately owned company and this is all well and good and all, but while we come up with all of these great ideas, when they get presented to the owner they will get shut down. So why he is paying to bring in this corporation to do these meetings and stuff I have no idea when he isn't going to change anything anyways. Oh well, like I said it gets me away from the headache that is on the phones from the warehouse move mess and customer service for a couple of days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

IT must be hard to be on the phones though all the time isn't it? I don't know how you could stand it - I'd much rather sell to people in person. It'd be really annoying though to present ideas for no purpose if the owner dude isn't going to change anything.. frustrating for sure!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

It's not so bad. It's not any harder really to sell over the phone then in person, and then when you have someone that is angry it's easier to deal with them over the phone. I mean would you rather face an angry person just yelling at you over the phone, or to have to be dealing with them face to face?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Haha good point!Definitely better to be yelled at over the phone cause if they got really angry the worst they could do would be hang up.. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Exactly, and believe me they do hang up on ya! LOL

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home