<

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Good Day in Church

Today was a good day in church. I played the special music on trumpet, and then did the music during the offertory. Both performances went well, and I feel like I was able to really glorify God during the music, and touch people in the congregation. And that really is the whole purpose of it. A ministry through music.

We also had a guest speaker come today. His name is Luke Zeller. At 6'11", he will be a freshman at the University of Notre Dame (go ND!). He got a scholarship, and will be playing for the basketball team there. Luke led his small town of Washington, IN high school basketball team to win the Indiana state championship this year. He came to church this morning and gave a bit of his own personal testimony of what God has done for him in his life. It just impressed me to see how someone so young, but so mature, has been doing so much among his friends, teammates, and others around to try and bring them to know more of Christ. He talked about how he prayed before every game, and wanted to be a living sacrifice for God, and wanted God's will to be done that day. It was just awesome. I was glad he was there today to share a bit of his testimony because I think it was great for our junior/senior high kids to hear in the church. And not just for them, but for everyone.

So it was a good morning in church. God was working there today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

It's really encouraging to hear words like that from someone who you might not ordinarily expect it from eh? Sounds like it would have really been a blessing to hear!
(by the way - cool that your performances went well!)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yes it was really encouraging, and I'm very glad he came because we had a lot of youth at church today, so I'm hoping it will be an encouragement to them.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Sorry I missed it! There was a car show in Mishawaka that I went to. Monte & Bev showed up after church was over and I felt bad for playing hookey. You never even told me you were going to play that day!

The car show was nice. I got fried.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

no big deal bro. I just assumed you'd be there, so I guess I never brought it up. Glad the car show was good!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home