<

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Last Sermon

Today was my home pastor, Kendall Dahlstrom's last Sunday as our church's pastor. He has retired after 21 years of leading our congregation. It was a sad day because no one wants to see him leave, but it was such a wonderful service as well because so many people were there to offer their support and wish him well. The church was packed full, and I think it meant so much to Pastor Dahlstrom. He meant a lot to so many people over the years, and I feel they wanted him to realize that. The good thing is that Kendall and his wife, Nancy, are not moving or anything like that, and they will still remain a part of the church. Too many people would be sad if they moved away. I know I would be. Church there is definitely not going to be the same without him leading it, so it will be interesting now to see what kind of changes the church does go through now. There is no new pastor yet that has been called, so I do not know what will be happening next. Guess we will just wait and see.

Now on a happier note! For all of those who may have missed it yesterday . . . Notre Dame totally kicked Pittsburgh's butt!!! Woo hoo!!!! Go ND!! Seems so far our new coach has it together. Lets see how we keep it up!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, your post is so nice. I'm going to send my dad a link to it....he'll be touched. He thinks everybody is anxious to "see the bum go." That's Kendall for ya. :>)

Great seeing you on Sunday!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

It's sad when a pastor you care about leaves eh? But it is also interesting to see what God will continue to do with the church in the future as well, to continue stretching and growing the faith of those who go there..

10:03 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

It is sad, and I like I said in my post, it's definately not going to be the same.

Kirsten, I don't know why he would think that! The crowd at church should prove him otherwise. Did he tell you I called him a "dork" for leaving? LOL

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might be interested to see this.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah! I didn't see that article, so thanks!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home