<

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

New Toy

Can't beat the perks of working at the largest musical instrument retailer. Today I get a new toy to play with. And, Rebecca you can appreciate this I'm sure, since your a trumpet and french horn player as well. It's a flugelhorn! I'm soooo excited because I've always wanted a flugel, but never really had the money to invest in one. It's really quite nice actually. Has a rose brass bell to give it a nice warm, rich tone, and even has the 3rd valve trigger on it. I can't wait to get it home and play around on it. It's perfect for church music, which is what I've really always wanted one for. Plus since I've really been feeling like when I do get back to Montana that I want to get more involved with my music again, this will be perfect! So it's very exciting. :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Hey Amanda!
I totally am so jealous - I love flugelhorns - they have such a neat sound - can I just say that I am totally wishing that I worked in a music store? I miss playing french horn since I don't have my own and my uni doesn't have an wind symphony like the one I transfered from.. Hopefully I'll get back into it soon though!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Rebecca, no french horn of your own?!! :( What about trumpet? Have you used the link on my site to check out Woodwind & Brasswind where I work? You see anything on there you like, I'll hook ya up with a deal ;o)

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home