<

Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend

Well the weekend was pretty good. Even though I had to work on Saturday, I lucked out because the Notre Dame game against Purdue didn't start until 6:45p.m., so I was able to watch the entire game! I was very excited about that. We kicked Purdue's butts too! Beat them 49 to 28. It was such a nice game to watch. Everyone was favoring Purdue because they had beaten us the past 2 years, but we showed them, and showed 'em good.

Sunday after church my mom and I ran a few errands, and I was excited because I got a new wok style of frying pan special so I can cook Chinese food. It is impossible to cook in a regular pan or skillet because there is not enough room and you just make a mess. So then Sunday night I came home and made veggie fried rice and black peppered chicken. The black peppered chicken I had never tried before, and found the recipe on line. It came out okay, but not like what I've had in restaurants, so I'm going to have to experiment with it some more.


Well all day on Sunday I was starting to feel kind of blah, and over the past few days my right ear has been kind of bugging me. Well then this morning I woke up feeling really not so good. My stomach was hurting, my head was hurting, and my ear was still aching. Needless to say I did not make it in to work to day. I was feeling quite miserable, and still am not feeling so hot. I made a doctor's appointment, and found out I have an infection in my ear canal that started it all. Guess it kinda spread and gave me a sinus infection that is giving me the headache and stomach ache. He gave me some drugs though, as doctors usually do, and so hopefully I'll be feeling better here soon.


One other thing for today before I sign out, and that is this weeks scripture reading. It is 2 Kings chapter 5 versus 1-31. It is the story of Naaman, a warrior who suffers from leprosy. He has the chance to see a prophet of God and be healed of his leprosy. When he is told by a messenger from the prophet to simply wash himself 7 times in the river Jordan and he will be healed, Naaman is outraged because he thought he would be touched, that it would be something more grand of a presentation. Eventually he does go and wash himself 7 times in the Jordan, and he is instantly healed. Read this story. Either in your own Bibles, or using the link I provide. It shows how awesome God is and will provide for us if we just follow Him, and do as He asks. Sometimes things can be simple. It's not always a big production. I think sometimes we look for too large and complicated of an answer to problems when sometimes it is so easy and God is showing it right there in front of us. Now there is more to this story, so read all the way through verse 31. Take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

I hope that you feel better soon! Get lots of rest and drink some chamomile tea!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home