<

Monday, November 21, 2005

Weekend of Friends

Sorry it's been about a week since I've updated. I know I've slacked off. Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and a nice weekend.

My weekend was very nice as I got to see some friends from college that I have not seen in a very long time. My friend Leah and I get to see each other now and then. Not real often, but more often then I get to see others. She lives just outside of Chicago, so she is not too far away from me right now. My first stop this weekend was meeting her at her boyfriend, Kevin's, Condo. I met her there when she got off work, we all had dinner, and then Leah and I headed out further west, and south a little, towards Macomb, IL. We got in late, so just went straight to our Hotel and crashed for the night. Then we got up in the morning, had breakfast, and head over to our friend Stephanie's house. This was our other friend from college that we were coming to visit. Stephanie had since been married now, to Chad, and they have 2 adorable kids. Ethan is 2 years old and Abigail is 1 year old. We spent the day together getting caught up on things. Leah has seen Stephanie more times then I have, and been able to keep in touch, but it had been many a years since I had seen Stephanie. Saturday night Leah and I cooked a big, sorta mini-thanksgiving meal for everyone, and we had a nice feast. It was all very yummy, and I think Stephanie and Chad really enjoyed it because I'm sure they have a hard time cooking a big meal like that with the little ones. On Sunday Leah and I met Stephanie and the family for church, and went with them. After their service, we got a bonus because they were having a Thanksgiving potluck at the church, so we got another fabulous, big meal, and the double bonus was that it was free! After the meal Leah and I headed out back home, but on our way back we stopped to visit with another friend from college, Sara. She was our Intervarsity Christian Fellowship leader. Sara also not too long ago had gotten married, and they just had a baby girl, Emmalynn. She was so cute, and showing off with us all her toys and how she could drop them them on the floor and make us pick them up for her. LOL It was a lot of fun catching up with Sara as well as I had not seen her in a very long time as well. All in all it was a lot of fun this weekend. I got back home pretty late Sunday night because we stayed later then planned on Sunday, but it was worth it.

I will say the only thing I missed this weekend was my Notre Dame football. :o( LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That sounds like a really nice weekend - I'm glad to know that you have been able to keep iin touch with some of your friends from uni, I'm a bit worried about not being able to do so, but I'm going to try!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You'll be able to do it. Leah is one friend I've kept in touch with quite a bit, and I have others. Don't worry. :o)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home