<

Monday, November 07, 2005

Relaxing Weekend

Oh it was so nice to be able to relax this weekend. I didn't have to work at all for once, and had nothing else to do. My dad was gone Friday and Saturday, which meant my mom and I could sleep in Saturday morning with peace and quiet as long as we liked. It was soooooooo nice. I slept like a baby till 9:00a.m. and then the phone rang. Oh well, I was starting to wake up then any ways. It was a relaxing morning where I could take my time getting up and ready. Then my mom and I went over to the Optical Shoppe to pick up her new glasses. She was so excited because she hadn't had new glasses in so long. They were very cute on her. After that we had brunch at Le Peep's, and then went shopping at JC Penny's because they were having their Biggest Sale of the Year event. It was definitely a good sale too. Mom got an awesome deal on some very nice blinds for their bedroom. I got a little Christmas shopping done too, and was very excited about the deal I got on one item. Of course after shopping we went home to watch the Notre Dame game. They were playing Tennessee, who was supposed to have a pretty good defensive team. They were quite good defensively too, and at one point the game was tied, but in the end Notre Dame totally kicked their butts with a score of 41 to 21. We rule. :o) Notre Dame made some totally awesome plays during that game too, which made it so much fun to watch.

Later Dad came home with his new purchase. Another car. Some old car is about all I can tell you. I think it's a 62, and it's either Chrysler, or Chevy, and it's a convertible. Oh, and it's blue. It is cool looking though, and in really nice shape, and he got a really good deal on it. It's another new toy for him. Now we have this one, a Plymouth, a Studebaker, and a Corvair. Besides the main cars of course. Men and their cars. What can I say.

Sunday was nice and relaxing too. Got up, and dad had made breakfast. Went to church. Mom and I ran to JC Penny's again afterwards since their sale was going on because I wanted to look at a purse for me. Just something very small because all I really need to carry is my wallet, checkbook, and keys. Before, I've just been carrying them individually. I did find a purse that I loved. It's sooooo cute, and for me to find a purse that love and think is really cute is a miracle because I am not a purse person. We came home and just kinda lounged around all afternoon, but then the computer died when mom tried to get on it. It has not been working real well for a while, and we had it in at Best Buy to get fixed a couple of months ago, and so we unhooked it then and took it back. While they were running a diagnostic on it mom and I went back and looked at new computers because we figured we were going to have to replace it, but they got it up and running for us. Mom convinced them not to charge us. She is so good at that. lol We'll see how long it lasts now.

So that was pretty much my weekend. Not really exciting, but very relaxing, and thats what I needed. Hope everyone else enjoyed theirs as well. I hope to be back on later tonight with the weekly scripture to post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

It's a 1962 Chrysler Newport convertible. And I thought mom didn't stay for the potluck because she "wasn't feeling well"....hmmmm...

12:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Mom wasn't felling well, it was just a quick stop before going home. :op

5:08 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

It does sound like a relaxing weekend - and I know what you mean about never being able to find a cute purse - it takes me ages too cause I'm not all that crazy about purses either..

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home