<

Friday, December 02, 2005

My Brush With Death

So yesterday I almost died. I had a brush with death, and lets just say I will no longer doubt that God is ever with me because he was certainly with me yesterday. I had just left work, and was on my way to my friend Susans. It had been snowing just a little bit yesterday, but the roads throughout town were just fine. Now I got on the bypass to go just a short distance to get to main drag that goes through downtown. I had just gotten on there, and was not going but maybe 40 or 45 mph and the bypass seemed just fine, when all of a sudden my car started careening out of control. It headed towards the big cement wall off to the side of the bypass. I was doing everything I could to turn it away, but it seemed hopeless. I was sliding all over the place in that direction towards the wall. I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to crash into this wall, but just like 2 inches from the wall I was able to get my turn my car way from it. However then I was spinning around and around out in the middle of the bypass. I did about 2 and half complete 360 degree turns and even went up on two wheels. I was thinking "oh great, I didn't crash into the wall, but now I'm going to tip over!", but I didn't. I finally came to a stop sideways in the middle of the bypass. You could smell the rubber burning on my tires. The whole thing had even stopped my engine, that I had to put in park, and restart it. Then I sat there, frozen, waiting for my heart to get out of my throat, I looked to my left and saw that another car had hit the same patch of black ice I must have and started sliding out of control as well. I thought "great I survived my ordeal to get hit by another car", but they got theirs under control okay and went around me. I got my cart straightened back out and went under way again. Then just down the road a few feet to my exit where I got off there was another car right there that hit a piece of black ice as well that was not as fortunate, and did smash into the cement wall. It was a mustang. They were okay though, as their airbag blew, and you could see the lady standing outside her car on the cell phone. Anyways that was my brush with death. It was extremely scary, and still is thinking about it. Today I discovered I had a flat tire. I must have damaged it some how yesterday in that ordeal, and had been slowly leaking air. So I've had a lot of fun. More like a lot of stress. I'm very thankful though to God for protecting me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That is CRAZY - I am so glad you are okay! That must have been so so scary... God was really protecting you and I'm really thankful for that!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home