<

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday Events

Today was our Christmas program at church. Yes, it is a little early in the month, but it is kind of nice because it gets everyone thinking about the season and what it really means. It's a whole time of celebration, and not just one day. The youth in our church put it on every year, with some help of course, and they did a wonderful job. We have some very talented kids in our church, especially musically.

After church our recently retired pastor and his wife, along with my family went out to lunch and then over to the Capshaholm mansion Christmas tour. It's an extremely large, old home that was donated to the South Bend History Center by the D.J. Oliver family. You can tour the home year round, but during the month of December on Sundays you can go for these special tours where they have actors there that are to be the Oliver family, servants, and other guests from the area of that time period. This year it was a Christmas party from 1925, and the special guests were Mr. Studebaker, Mr. Ford, and Knute Rockne . . . the first ever and most famous Notre Dame football coach. We go every year, not only because it's an extremely neat home to tour, and the actors are neat to see all dressed up, and doing their scenes in the different rooms of the home, but also because my brother is always one of the actors, and this year he got to be the most awesome one of course . . . .Knute Rockne :o) I will say he did an excellent job too. He definitely had one of the most exciting and longest scenes of any of them.

Now we've come back to the house, and are waiting for Kendall and Nancy to join us. That is again, our former pastor and his wife. Nancy is going to teach my mom and I how to make scorpa, which is a Swedish similarity to biscotti. I'm looking forward to it. I've really gotten in to cooking lately as many of you may know, so the more new and exciting things I can learn to make, the better! :o)

Well I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. I hope to be posting the weekly scripture on here soon as well. Take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

That sounds like it would be fascinating and really fun - Cool that your brother was an actor - sounds like a job I would love, although I don't know if I would make such a good Knute! ;)

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home