<

Monday, December 12, 2005

Narnia


Last night my brother and I went and saw the new "Chronicles of Narnia" movie. I thought it was awesome. Scott really liked it as well. The story was well told, and the special effects and costumes and everything were very well done. It was long, but not too long because you were so into the movie that you didn't even realize it. All the main characters were really well done and cast well. I don't think a critic could find a bad thing to say about the movie, but that is just my opinion. I highly recommend it to everyone.

The weekend went well. As I said in my last post I was going to our church's annual Cookie Walk/Bazaar to work for a little bit at it before meeting my friend Susan and her daughter Emily. The even seemed to be a good success as it is every year. I got there at 20 minutes to 8:00a.m., as it opened at 8:00a.m., and there were already people waiting outside for us to open. I tell you they start showing up earlier and earlier every year. We had a ton of cookies though, some of which I baked myself, so there were plenty for the masses that came through. After Susan and Emily came over and got their cookies, and we ate breakfast there, Emily and I left to get some items we needed for the day to work on our surprises for her mom and dad in their house.

Emily and I spent the whole day together while dad was at work and Susan spent the day with her mom. I told them they had to be gone the entire day while Emily and I worked. Emily and I went over to Target to get her a new bench with pull out carts that go underneath it to organize her toys and things in her room. Then we went over to Michaels to get paint and stencils to paint it with, as well as cork bulletin boards for another project. When we got home we got the bench put together, and Emily got to work painting it. Then we had to clean and organize her room. That wasn't the fun part of course. Then we had to move the bench in. After that we gathered up all her artwork she's made for mom and dad, and things she's done in kindergarten and put them together in a collage on the bulletin boards for them to hang up wherever they would like to display it all. It was a lot of work that took all day, and we didn't get everything done we wanted to for Susan and Steve, but they were quite excited and happy about what we did get done.

So that was pretty much my weekend. It was pretty busy, and some of it I would have liked to just have relaxed more inside by the fire, but that's okay. I still had a lot of fun. :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Wow - I'm glad to hear the Narnia movie was good - I'm so picky about movies made from books I love so you have made me excited to see it!

Glad to hear the cookie sale went so well - and that you had such a nice day with emily! SOunds like alot of fun, even though you did alot of work!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home