<

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Updates

I know it has been a while since I have posted. I am slacking. There really has not been a whole lot going on. This past Friday my family and I left to go to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for my cousin Luke's wedding. The wedding was not until 4:00p.m. on Saturday, but we all took Friday off and left that morning so that we could stop at some outlet malls on the way up, and then shop in town at Lake Geneva that afternoon/evening. Lake Geneva is a cute town with lots of neat little shops. It was a relaxing day Friday, and morning on Saturday. My mom and I went swimming in the hotel pool since it was indoors. The wedding on Saturday afternoon was very nice, however my grandpa decided he wanted to make things more exciting by passing out before the wedding started. Thankfully he was okay (we had the paramedics come to check him out), and it was just that he had been standing on his feet for too long. After the wedding we all went to the reception, which was on a boat out on the lake. We headed home Sunday afternoon. Little did we know though, that there was more excitement still to come. As we were on the interstate I-94, there was a semi truck up ahead that lost a huge hunk of retread. I was with my parents in their car, and my brother and his girlfriend were in his Miata behind us. Well the car in front of my dad, all of a sudden swerved out of the way of this retread, and did not leave us any time to avoid it, so we ran over it. It took off part of our bumper from my parents car, and then when my brother swerved to avoid it, we swerved so hard that he actually lost control of his car and he did 360's across the interstate and collided with the cement wall in the median. Luckily he and his girlfriend, Beth, were both fine, and the car was not damaged horrible. We were just very lucky that traffic was light enough at that one time while my brother was spinning out that he was not hit. He definately had an angel watching over him.

In other news my classes are going very well. I am enjoying my Japanese a lot, and would really love to get fluent enough that I could be a translater in the U.S. or Japan, or maybe even go to Japan to teach english.

That is about all for now, and I hope you all have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home